Sunday, March 6, 2011

Radishes! Radishes! Radishes!

Look at all these radishes! Before joining the CSA, I don't think I ever ate a radish (on purpose, at least). What to do with them????

The first recipe I tried was the French Breakfast Radish Tartines. The bitter tang of the radishes went well with the sweet butter and the crusty bread (I used a baguette). But I couldn't tell if I just liked the bread and butter and the radishes were just along for the ride.

The second recipe I tried was the Quick Pickled Radishes. Those were good palette cleansers. Next time, I'll slice them ribbon-thin.

The last recipe I tried was the Butter-Glazed Radishes. This one was my least favorite. I tried to salvage the radishes by pulsing them into a cream cheese and heavy cream mix (with a dash of steak sauce, although I wanted to use Worcestershire sauce). The spread was not good, and I ended up throwing it away.

Lesson learned for the future: Go with pickling!

No comments:

Post a Comment