Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lemon Basil Chicken with White Wine Lemon Butter Sauce

I love lemon basil! A few months ago, I bought a little plant from Home Depot for $1.98. When a branch looks like it's ready to flower, I snip it just above where a set of leaves shoot off, leaving six inches of stem. Now this plant is bushy and prolific! I harvest it more often than I can keep up with. Here's one recipe for using the lemon basil in a lemon-butter-white wine sauce over chicken (on a bed of caramelized onions).
Ingredients:
1/3 cup white wine
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp dried (or fresh chiffonaded) lemon basil
2 tbsp butter
Directions:
Put wine, lemon juice, and butter in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce by half, then throw in the lemon basil. Pour over chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment