Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ginger-Scallion-Cilantro Pesto

This recipe comes from Grouprecipes.com.



Ingredients and Directions:

(all of these ingredients get thrown into a food processor and pulsed until done):

3/4 to 1 cup macadamia nut oil (I used Oils of Aloha);

1/2 cup chopped scallions;

1 cup loosely packed cilantro;

1/2 cup unsalted macadamia nuts;

3 tbsp chopped garlic;

1 tbsp chopped garlic;

the juice and the zest of 1 lemon;

salt and pepper to taste.



Adrienne's Notes: This would taste good on a grilled white and flaky fish like monchong or mahimahi. I was going to pair it with some roast duck we got (kind of like a cold ginger chicken sauce), but the taste is not like that. The grittiness of the ginger bits pairs well with the crunch of the macadamia nuts.

1 comment:

  1. This looks soooo good! I haven't been able to find any macadamia nut oil around here, but as soon as I do, I'm trying this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete